Friday, March 09, 2007

Muslims get prison in FBI sting

[Two leaders of an Albany mosque who were snared in an FBI sting involving a fictional terror strike were sentenced Thursday to 15 years in federal prison. The former imam, Yassin Aref, professed innocence before his sentencing and criticized the government's treatment of Muslims.

"I never had any intention to harm anyone in this country," said Aref, a 36-year-old Kurdish refugee. "And I don't know why I'm guilty."]

- townhall.com

He criticized the government's treatment of Muslims? Really? He thinks he should get complete immunity from prosecution based on his religion?

I know why he is guilty. He committed a crime.

And then he got a light sentence. He should be thankful for that. I would have given him the maximum.

No comments: