Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Clinton vs. Obama

[Clinton strategist] Mark Penn and Obama strategist David Axelrod engaged in a pointed and occasionally heated exchange during a public forum at Harvard University over the issue that has become the central point of dispute between the two leading candidates for the 2008 Democratic nomination.

Axelrod continued to question Penn's recounting of events and his decision to attack Obama. "I did not comment on Senator Clinton's decision in 2002," he said. "You found it necessary to draw Senator Obama into this discussion. Are we going to spend 10 months savaging each other, or are we going to try to lift this country up?"

- Washington Post

We can only hope that it will be the 10 months savaging each other.

1 comment:

Mark said...

One way to look at this is that Obama is doing his best service ever to his country by taking down Hillary. I like what I am seeing. I know in my heart and mind that America will never elect Obama as President, but if he can take Hillary down in the process, I would be thankful for his efforts.