Saturday, February 18, 2006

coffee

Starbucks Guatemala Casi Cielo

I finished off my pound of beans tonight. According to the package, "A sip begins with an elegant floral aroma and surprising lemony flourish, and it finishes with a deeply satisfying dark cocoa flavor. A Coffee for the Gourmand."

It was very rich and smooth. I can almost taste the lemon and cocoa. Almost.

Did they really mean to use "Gourmand" instead of "Gourmet?"

Heh.

Anyway, I am all done with Starbucks after the incident a week ago. A band was invited to play at one of the local Starbucks stores (the one by Southridge) after Starbucks management had reviewed their music to make sure that it was suitable for Starbucks. After playing several songs, one customer complained, so the store manager told the band they had to leave.

I will never do business with Starbucks again.

Not that they care. I am sure that they are only too happy to lose me as a customer.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

But they are the only people in Hales Corners who make their coffee strong.