Monday, May 21, 2007

Worst

In a biting rebuke, the White House on Sunday dismissed former President Jimmy Carter as "increasingly irrelevant" after his harsh criticism of President Bush.

Carter was quoted Saturday as saying "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."

- AP/AJC (read full story here)

This is the kind of comment I would expect from Carter. Carter was one of the worst presidents ever, and so far is the worst ex-president ever.

Young liberals, who were not even alive back then, have no idea just how awful the Carter administration was. Reading about it does not even come close to living through it.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I have Jimmy Carter to thank for causing me to question my liberal beliefs. If not for him, my life would have been much different. I appreciate what Jimmy did for me then, and also appreciate that he continues to be a very good reason and example why all liberals should re-examine the beliefs their teachers taught them.

If Jimmy was wise (which he isn't) he would never bring up the subject of who the country's worst President might be.

But, I did vote for him. So I am sympathetic to why people are liberals.

It is something that can be shed, but it sometimes requires someone like Jimmy.