Friday, May 18, 2007

Dobson vs. Giuliani

A prominent Christian leader said Thursday that "my conscience and my moral convictions" prevent him from voting for Rudy Giuliani should he win the Republican nomination.

In a blistering online column, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson wrote that, should the former New York mayor become the nominee, "I will either cast my ballot for an also-ran - or if worse comes to worst - not vote in a presidential election for the first time in my adult life."

- AP/Forbes (read full story here)

Given the choice between Clinton and Giuliani, he would rather have Clinton?

I do not find that attitude very helpful.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I think he is overstating his position to make a point -- one I agree with. We should be able to do better than Rudy. But, if Rudy is the Rep nominee, we will all support him. We have to.

Dobson will too.

Orthoclase said...

I hope you are right.

You have more experience with negotiating strategies than I do.

If it is Giuliani vs. Clinton, and conservatives stay home, and Clinton wins, then that is pathetic.