Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Martinifest

I missed one of the best parties of the year when I failed to attend Martinifest at the Milwaukee Art Museum.

For a $30 entrance fee, you got all the booze you could drink.

Some vendors ran out of martini mix, so they started pouring straight vodka.

There was public drunkenness, vomiting, people passing out, lewd behavior, and more.

The always-humorous Jim Stingl had some nice zingers in his column (from the 3-1-2006 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel):

“I try to attend the museum during non-vomiting hours, so Martinifest was not for me. It’s disgusting to think of people creating their own regurgitation artwork on the floor, or, as I like to call it, the three-martini launch.”

“If we plan to have any more blasts like this, we might want to consider turning the management of our waterfront over to the United Arab Emirates.”

No comments: