Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gunfighters (1/3)

Gunfighters (Disc 1 of 3)

This DVD features Wild Bill Hickok, The James Gang, John Wesley Hardin, and Bat Masterson.

Wild Bill accidentally killed his deputy as he ran up behind him during a gunfight. Poor eyesight due to veneral disease was to blame (according to the video).

Every time I hear about the Younger Gang (heh, the James Brothers rode with them), I wonder how I ever could have lived in that Missouri/Kansas environment before, during, and after the Civil War. I would not have lived there long, no doubt of that.

John Wesley Hardin once killed a man for snoring.

Bat Masterson's most famous gunfight lasted for 10 minutes with dozens of shots fired and none of them hitting anyone. Worse than the OK Corral which is pretty unbelieveable.

Informative and entertaining.

Definitely makes me want to watch the other 2 DVDs in the series.

No comments: